Tuesday, July 24, 2018

My Gaming Pedigree

I think blogs are more interesting if they are personal experiences, so please bear with my while I introduce myself.

I am old enough that I didn’t really get into games in high school or even college. My family did have a tradition of board games (not D&D), but I really came into gaming because of reading a lot of fantasy and science fiction. My first computer game that I remember was King’s Quest, then later came the Sims (original and successors), Civilization (starting with III), Morrowind (and successors) and numerous more forgettable titles. My first online game was EverQuest in 2002 just after Planes of Power released. Since then I moved on to EQ2, LOTRO, Rift, GW2 and ESO with brief dalliances with WoW, Aion, Wildstar, Black Dessert Online, etcetera, etcetera. You get the picture. 

The purpose of this blog is not to debate game development per se, but to chronicle what I find fun, what I find annoying, and why. Writing about gaming will hopefully make gaming a more mindful and thereby more beneficial activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment