Friday, August 3, 2018

Goal Horizon

There have been several posts lately about August gaming goals. Goals give gaming or life in general a structure that can be appealing especially to achievement oriented types like me. But goals serve different purposes depending on the span of time being considered. At the bottom of this post are my August gaming goals and some screenshots of the game areas under consideration in ESO and Sims 3 (Sims 4 never caught on with me).

My daily goals tend to be mood and time driven. How much time to I have today and what activity/character/game fits my mood? Weekly goals are frequently driven by opportunities. Is there an event going on? When night can my husband and I team up. Monthly goals are more achievement driven. At the end of the year, there is another spate of yearly reviews and resolutions. What game should I focus on this year? Is there anything new and exciting?

The most interesting and hardest goals to set are the long term goals not often considered in games or life. Where do I want to be 5 years from now?

ESO
  • Get through Cadwell's Silver quest, i.e. complete second faction on one character.
  • Play Wrothgar during Orsinium event
  • Complete Clockwork City questline and zone
















Sims 3
  • Get the Elvish legacy family to generation 3 in the Monte Vista neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. You make me want to play ESO. I've been thinking of it quite a bit, particularly since purchasing Somerset.

    ReplyDelete